Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday, Mia!

It's Mia's 6th birthday today!!! What a big girl!

Because Daddy was going to be at work when she woke up in the morning, we decided to give Mia her presents on the eve of her birthday. She was so excited & loved them all! Here she is with her pressies...


After she opened her presents she asked me where her card was. OOPS! Because we gave her the presents a day early I hadn't made one for her. I had planned to make it when she was at school. I felt terrible so I asked her to give me a few minutes & I made her one. Here it is...

Mia loved it! I wrote her an essay inside & when she finished reading it she said, "I love you, Mummy." If that weren't enough, when I put her to bed that night she asked me what my favourite part of the day had been, I told her it was when she opened her presents. In turn, I asked her what her favourite part of the day had been...and do you know what she said? She said it was the card I made her. We hugged & I shed a few tears. Such a simple gift can touch hearts so deeply, no matter what the age of the recipient. Gosh, I love what I do.

Happy birthday, Mia!

Anyway, I almost forgot to tell you about the card itself. It is just like the one we made during my last class, except for the colours. This time I used, Very Vanilla and Ruby Red cardstock, Ginger Blossom DSP, Ruby Red, Groovy Guava and River Rock inks, brads, circle punches. The stamp sets used were Big Bold Birthday & a non-SU number set.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Mandy Schiller said...

What a beautiful story to match a beautiful card and a gorgeous girl as well!

Diane Barnes said...

You are a legend Andrea - I wish I could make something that gorgeous in a few minutes....& Mia is just too cute. Di :)