Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Scrapbooking Layouts

Hi everyone!

I have two scrapbooking layouts to share with you today - one of Mia during our holiday in Fiji last year, and the other of Mia at the Athletics Carnival last year. Gosh, I'm so behind! Well, here they are...


First up is the Fiji layout. I used Crumb Cake (which I'm really into at the moment), Real Red and Bashful Blue cardstock, and First Edition paper of which I tore the edged using the Tearing Edge ruler. I sponged the edges of the paper with Bashful Blue. The images were stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured using ink pads and an Aqua Painter. The little flower in the girl's hair was punch with one of the punches from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. This little flower features in just about every one of my projects lately. :)





Now for the very simple layout of Mia at her Athletics Carnival...




No great athletic accomplishments on the day, unfortunately, :( but I just wanted to write Mia a few words to let her know that it doesn't really matter if she comes a place or not as long as she knows in her heart that she tried her very best and had lots of fun in the process. No one excels at everything. And this lesson applies to everything in life, not just running races. I will always be there to support her and cheer her on in life. I will always be proud of her regardless of the outcome but she owes it to herself to always give everything 100% effort. It's the least anyone can do in gratitude for being put on this earth.

Too deep? Sorry! Let's move on and talk about the supplies.

I used Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Bashful Blue and Night of Navy cardstock. The background was creaed with stamps from the Extreme Elements set and the stars were punched with the Large Star Punch. Very quick and simple.

Don't go too far. I have another post coming right up!

Andrea :)

No comments: